Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Resonse to It's My (Virtual) World and Welcome to It! and My Virtual Life

It's My (Virtual) World and Welcome to It!

This article was very interesting, however not my favorite. The virtual world (Second Life) was interesting but not something I get into. I guess thats the great part about virtual reality is that it is created by you. The things you enjoy and want to do, and the things you want to do but might not be able to. I personally think its a waste of time and boring, but there is a real market for these types of virtual realities. The problem arises when you start to believe a life such as Second Life should be a way of life. Not working for your money, and continual drunken nights probably arent the best idea.

My Virtual Life

The idea of creating a virtual world is admirable, entertaining for some and takes a lot of time and decision making. I prefer to do that in real life. Second Life allows you to create a virtual reality second life. The danger here is that individuals dont focus enough on their real life and the time they have to live it. Instead they are creating a life they wish they had when they were given a life of their own that could turn out just how they want it to. I think the worst trait of Second Life is your ability to spend virtual money crap. This has a subliminal effect when this game tells you your life isnt up to par so create another where money is still oh so important and unrealistically spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment